I can make any number of excuses about why I've been such a bad blogger these last few months....but talk about BORING!!!
Let's move on to more exciting topics:
1. I haven't sewn much over the past six months. I recently have started flogging this old horse - Jamestown Landing from Bonnie Hunter's "String Fling" book. Let 's do a little math. The overall quilt centre (minus the borders) are made up of 21 x 18 little 4x4 blocks, each with approximately 8 pieces in them - roughly 3000 pieces. Wow.
2. I've applied to two universities to pursue a master's degree in Social Work. I won't know for awhile yet if I've been selected. Fingers are crossed.
3. I bought a new memory foam bath mat - - the cat will not step on it. It freaks him out. I can now confirm--without any reservations--that THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG with my cat.
4. Itty Bitty has just completed the first semester of his fourth year of undergrad. Thirteen more weeks until he completes his degree. This has been the shortest four years of my entire life. He is also applying to grad school to complete a Master's degree in social work - different universities though.
This past semester he spent Fridays with me at my office doing an elective practicum. It's been so much fun. Okay, not fun exactly. He has heard some truly horrific stories, and seen some hair-curling, run-screaming-into-the-street sorts of sights - - but certainly has the professional, non-judgmental, this-is-so-completely-normal, social-worky approach down SOLID. Besides, he's also really good at lifting heavy objects, mind-numbing clerical/administrative tasks, and run-down-to-the-courthouse-to-get-me-documents-and-while-you're-out-bring-back-coffee sorts of jobs.
5. I've been reading quite a lot. I also went to my first ever book club meeting to discuss "The Rosie Project" by Graeme Simsion. I want to recommend this book to everyone I meet. I understand it is going to be a movie - - and the movie just will NOT be as good.
In the past 24 hours, I completely consumed "This Won't Hurt a Bit" by Michelle Au - very readable.
Anyway - the books have been re-released to coincide with the television series premier in August and I have been yummying them up:
I'm ready for book #4 - and my sister-in-law has given me #5 & 6. Why is the bookstore so far away????