Sunday, April 6, 2014

Working through some Stash

Another Pin: NAILED!!!



So, using some of the scrappy stuff from my thrift store find from Friday, I whipped up a couple of boxes and matching mug rugs.  They need some more hand stitches yet.
  


Another Pin: NAILED!!!

And I saw this on Pinterest as well: http://www.modabakeshop.com/2013/08/quilted-patchwork-pouch.html


The tutorial called for a Moda mini-charm pack, but I found a stack of HSTs at 2.5" that were going to waste, so I used them.  I still have a few left over HSTs, so I'm going to make a smaller matching bag.


I believe I have 71 Split Nine Patches done now.  The pattern calls for 80 blocks, but I think I could just keep going!


Aaaaaand, just when I had my stash all whipped into shape, I couldn't resist purchasing a bag full of fabric samples when I was home on Thursday.


7 comments:

  1. Glad you found recipes you could understand and make sure amazing things with... love your outcomes for sure! Thanks for sharing :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - I had seen those boxes on a blog last fall. Thanks for the link to instructions as they might become end of year teacher gifts! Great projects - love the lemoyne star mug rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love it when you can actually make something from Pinterest. Great use of your leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plaid mug rugs are sharp. Have a masculine look which I think is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those fabric boxes and I think I'm going to make one ... or five. ha! What neat gifts they will make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might have to try some of those boxes.
    Well done

    ReplyDelete