Saturday, January 10, 2015

A little thrifting

Not much quilting going on here - - I've been binge watching Downton Abbey this week.

Hubby and I went out to run a few errands, pick up a few groceries....and as long as we were on the road...a little thrifting.

I found this colouring book, and was anxious to learn more about the artist, and the purpose of the book.  As a social worker, I don't--as a rule--do any clinical work, but for a $1 I may find some use for it in my practice.  

Anyway, I learned that this colouring book was created to raise funds for the Stephen Lewis Foundation Grandmothers to Grandmothers campaign, to support African women who have lost their own children to the AIDS epidemic and are raising their grandchildren under very difficult circumstances.


I also found this turquoise beaded necklace for $4 -- I have a serious case of like for it.  Hubby doesn't like this photo.  He thinks I look oooooold.  I think he has some sort of filter in his eyes that still sees me as 27.  I'm going to be 46 in less than two weeks.  Heck!  That's almost FIFTY!!!!  He's nuts.  I don't look old.  I look just the right age.


4 comments:

  1. That's a great necklace, and you look perfect! Just the age you should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I look 89 and Rob still looks 25 to me. Love blinds all I guess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your are beautiful! Tell your husband you are beautiful inside and out. I turn 60 on March 30 and am aging slower than most my age here is Kentucky, but aging non the less. I posted your shirt quilt tutorial to my Pinterest 9 months ago. Came back today to find out what you have been sewing. I've been binge watching Downton Abbey and Reign this week as I big stitch my Craftsy 2013 quilt. Really need to post to my neglected sewing/quilting blog. Way to much to quilt and running out of years.

    ReplyDelete