Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday Checking in

Still working on hand applique for Love Blooms Here blocks (Part 2)
I made a mug rug for a co-worker from a pile of scraps that were crying out for some attention.
I went shopping yesterday, and with the help of Hubby's new smart phone, we were able to find Creative Sisters Quilt Studio in Kitchener.  I spied two plastic containers packed full of scraps! ($4 each)  So excited!
Also did some Stash Enhancement.  The blue batik FQs came from Creative Sisters and the other four prints came from Quilter's Nine Patch in Elmira.  I'm in serious like with the black and white Eiffel Tower print.  The Deb Strain floral prints were in the bargain bin.  I think they are sweet.

Itty Bitty is home from university for Reading Week. I'm not sure what kind of trouble we can get up to - but he's definitely going to spend some work hours with me - learning what the world of social work is all about.  Itty Bitty will be finishing up his B.A. in criminology in the next year, and is giving grad school some serious thought to pursue a Masters in Social Work.  (Totally psyched about that!)

I almost fell for this video Quilt Along:  
Yes, I watched the first three videos this morning, and started pulling fabrics, started piecing the first friendship star, and thought "what the heck am I doing???".  Put the fabric away!  Put the fabric away!  Put the fabric away!

4 comments:

  1. Your house block is adorable. I have not received my magazine yet because I just got a subscription and it should come soon, but not soon enough! I am anxious to make the next blocks for Love Blooms. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha~! i totally get the "put the fabric away" voice in one's head~!! i keep telling myself that i MUST finish many more projects before starting anything else.

    love seeing your projects and what a great score on those boxes of scraps~!

    have a productive slow stitch sunday.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "put the fabric away" too! And your kitty in your picture is precious. Great additions to your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe! I ignored that voice in my head and started cutting two new projects out yesterday! One needs to get done for June though and the other just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete