Sunday, September 27, 2015

Quilts: fueled by Swiss Chocolate


I know - - I'm an idiot.  Like I need more fabric.  But I saw a photo on Quiltville Open Studio facebook page yesterday of a finished Kim Diehl design called "Sprigs & Twigs" and I just knew I had to make one.  I looked all over online for a quilt kit, because I'm really bad at choosing fabric "on purpose" - I'm more of a fabric "finder" than a "shopper".  But first...I had to find the pattern.  (Hey - there are some free Kim Diehl pattens on the Henry Glass website!)

I thought I would spend tomorrow running around SW Ontario looking for "Simple Appeal", but started today with a trip to Elmira's "Quilter's Nine Patch" (it's open Sundays, but closed on Mondays).  WHOOP! WHOOP!  They had the book in stock!

On the way home, Hubby and I stopped in St. Jacob's at Picard's Peanuts briefly, and laid in a small supply of quilting fuel.  mmmmmmmm....chocolate!



I've put together my Leader & Ender project: Split Nine Patch.  I'm piecing together dark four-patches for borders.  I imagine I should have them done by the end of this week.  I still haven't decided what I'm going to do with this - - I love it a whole lot!



4 comments:

  1. Hey, remember me? Thought I'd get back into visiting blogs and remembered how much I used to love reading yours. First post back and you sure didn't disappoint! I LOVE that 9-patch inside the log cabin blocks, and a split 9-patch is one of my favorite blocks of all time. Thanks for the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have the perfect fuel supply to get your new project off and running :).

    ReplyDelete