Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Great Guild Night!

I had a good time at the Royal City Quilters' Guild last night!  Dwayne Wanner gave a fantastic talk on inspiration and challenges of quilting.  Take a look at his gallery; the quilts were beautiful.  He was a riveting speaker as well!  Any quilt guild should see if they can schedule Dwayne to come for a visit. 

Dwayne will be teaching at the Greenwood Quiltery here in Guelph.  I see the fall sessions are full, but a late winter session has been added.  Fifteen of his quilts are hanging in the gallery at Greenwood.  I told Hubby we would need to go--he loves art, and these quilts are definitely art!

I officially "joined" the guild last night, and to make my introduction, I decided to Show&Share some quilts that best reflect ME and my 'style'.  Of course I took three quilts that I made of recycled shirts: Postcards from Canada, Seven Shirts, and Shirt-Stripe Boxes.  I met Kathy (THE Kathy of Kathy's Quilts!!!) hehe..sorry Kathy....had to do it! who has used my design for Seven Shirts to teach a workshop.  I was thrilled to finally meet her -- such a small world!

As a new member, I received the cutest little pin cushion! I'll have to post a photo later.

The biggest surprise last night was HUBBY!  He had just left Monday, and here he was BACK!  He plans to spend the WHOLE WEEK with me.  He can stay forever -- he's been taking good care of me.  He had my lunch nearly ready when I got home at noon, and tonight for supper he made a lovely Italian meal.

Our beautiful weather seems to be gone now -- cool temperatures and drippy skies.  Ah, well.  It was nice while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment