Wednesday, February 20, 2013

This month's goals suspended due to injury!


I won't include an actual photo - - don't want to turn anyone off their tea!  Basically, what I did was square up my thumb by cutting off the end of it.  This was not a quilting injury - this was a COOKING injury!  (figures!)  I tried to prepare supper for the oven on my lunch hour yesterday, and while slicing up some raw beef, I sliced up some raw thumb!

I can't sew.

I got some excitement coming this weekend though!  I was talking to a woman who works at the literacy centre where I donated those book marks a couple of weeks ago.  She thanked me again for them, and I told her it was nothing - that I'm a quilter, and I enjoyed whipping scraps into something pretty and useful.  

A quilter?  Well wouldn't you know her mother was a quilter, and she has a dozen boxes of fabric in her basement that she'd love for me to take off her hands!  Would I?!?!?!?!  I may not be able to sew this weekend, but I'll have a sweet time sorting through boxes of fabric.  I'm already day dreaming about what I might find - - wouldn't it be incredible if there were a cache of feedsacks in one of those boxes?  Or some vintage blocks and tops?  I can't wait to find out!

3 comments:

  1. Oh you lucky girl...life does have some sweet compenstions doesn't it?
    Hope you strike it rich! (And heal quick so you can use it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhh I can't wait to hear what all that's in the boxes of fabrics! What a lucky lady you are--except for slicing your thumb. I've done that more than once--I hope you're a faster learner than I was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a speedy recovery and can't wait to hear what you got in that stash.

    ReplyDelete