Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Such a great sewing day!

Remember when you were a kid, and excited about Christmas?  You'd be awake in the middle of the night, wishing and wishing morning would come?

That was me this morning.  Laying in bed, thinking about starting to sew.

I had a blast yesterday.  



I made a fabric box for my knee highs - - a little disappointed, because I didn't use heavy enough interfacing.  Oh well, it will still work.

I also figured out how I'm going to finish off Virginia Bound.

I'll take the light border off and string piece blocks - - triangles a la Dear Jane!  I measured, and sketched, and prepared paper backings.  Looking forward to some more mindless string piecing.

I also cut hexie papers for Grandmother's Flower Garden while watching "Bates Motel" last night.  

But the project that had me awake before the birds this morning was a cushion that I'm anxious to start.  I dug through my bucket of crumbs and box of strings to pull out "low volume" prints.  Now I have to figure out how to piece "a slab".  I'm anxious to get started!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun to have a hobby you enjoy so much! I can relate. I love your Virginia Bound Quilt! Very striking! Looking forward to seeing the end result. Love the fabric in your "knee-high" box. I store mine in a hanging pocket organizer. It hangs on the inside of my closet door and does not take up too much precious space and is easy to get at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been having a great time.

    ReplyDelete