Sunday, December 13, 2009

Just waiting for the stupid library to open....

...so I thought I'd check in.

Lectures are done for the semester. And I have all of my essays written with the exception of one. I'm pretty sure I can whip it together in about five or six hours - - if I could just get into that library!!!

SAILOR BOY is home!!! He arrived yesterday morning. I can't say I've seen much of him - - since I was still buried under a pile of paper writing, writing, writing.

But one thing I did notice - - Gibby Kitty never came to visit me ONCE last night. He had a NEW person to irritate with middle of the night demands for attention.

I will have to go to school again tomorrow to hand in my final papers, but after that??? I'M RETIRED!!! I am spending every possible second doing whatever I darn well please for the next three weeks!

Okay...so maybe I'm not. I am (supposed to be) starting a practicum placement at a very big high school in January. I'm really excited about it - - it's a fantastic opportunity!!! I asked my (potential) supervisor if there was anything I should brush up on before I start, and she suggested I get a good grounding in adolescent anxiety, depression, and self-harm/cutting. And if I have some time, I might want to get a deeper understanding of issues of poverty, addiction, GLBT, and mental illness.

Did you notice the 'tentativeness' of my last paragraph? That's because it's not etched in stone yet - and I don't want to jinx it! As challenging as it appears - - I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. GLBT??? Please explain.

    If you get ever so bored that you need company for a play date or visit give me a call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! You are incredible!! With that attitude you are going to be an awesome teacher!
    Good luck!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete