Friday, December 31, 2010

My Crazy Coupon Lifestyle: the Results

This week, I've used my final EXP 31/12/2010 coupons, and thrown away the rest. I've sorted through my stockpile, rearranging a few items, gleaning out some that I probably won't use before the early spring best before dates, then bagging those up to go to the food bank. I've looked over my last receipts, tallied my coupon savings totals, and I'm quite satisfied with the results.



In 2010, I have calculated $4200 in savings. My goal for the year was $2000. I've been able to lend my support to 2 shelters for abused women, 2 shelters for homeless people, a food bank, and shared with family and friends. I have enough laundry detergent and bleach to see me through until summer, and enough chicken noodle soup for a flu pandemic.  Judging by the contents of my upstairs linen closet, my family should be smelling good, be cleanly shaved, and have sparkling smiles for months to come.


This year, I'm setting my goal at $3000. I have a feeling that time is going to be an issue for me this year. When I graduate from university this spring (can you believe that???  I only have 13 more weeks of university!!!!), so no more spare hours between lectures to sneak off to the shops.


I also am setting a goal to donate 600 items to charitable causes I care about.


I just got an Airmiles card a few weeks ago (I don't know why I never had one before either!) I am setting a goal to accumulate enough AirMiles to redeem for a fancy-schmancy coffee maker. I don't know if that's even possible - but I will definitely be turning my attention towards it!

3 comments:

  1. Bravo on the coupon savings and your charitable efforts well done. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good job this year! And I like your goals for the new year.....Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing you, though, If you set your mind to something, I'm sure you'll accomplish it!

    ReplyDelete