Friday, October 19, 2012


I actually made the SECOND block first, of Grandmother's Choice.  Not on purpose - I didn't notice until I started writing this blogpost.  But I'm very glad to have this one DONE!  It took me the better part of a whole day, a a couple of tries - - the first try was torn apart a couple of times, and finally tossed.  The second attempt was torn apart once, redrafted, recut, and sewn together twice - - but FINALLY it is sized correctly, points are perfect, and I no longer have a burning desire to stab myself in the neck with a seam ripper.  The pdf for the pattern did not print correctly, so I had to draft the pattern myself.  Here's the post for "Amethyst"

I've decided to go with red and black reproduction fabrics.  

1 comment: