Sunday, October 14, 2012

I'm just about ready!

I crept out of bed in the wee hours this morning and began packing my bags for my ladies retreat that begins tomorrow!

My Janome "Lucy" --who has been languishing, lonely and ignored, for many a month  -- got a bit a a cleaning, and a drip or two of oil.  My iron dusted off and cord reeled in.  I filled a bag with my notions, kits, cutting matt and rulers. My iPod is charged and loaded with podcasts.  I'm just about set.


And wouldn't you know it?  Just while I'm innocently surfing the web, I discover a Block of the Week that just started in September. The uber militant feminist in me loves the theme! It wouldn't take me too long to catch up, would it???  Maybe I'll get caught up during this week of vacation! 

Poor Hubby and Gibson the Cat will be on their own for the next few days.  I've got a nice dinner in the slow cooker that I found on Pinterest yesterday : Creamy Country Chicken and Vegetables.  Looks good, eh?  I'll let you know.


Speaking of Pinterest, I've become an addict.  It's a recent weakness - - it took a few months before I realized that I had to start my own boards.  Here's my quilting board of pins.  It's pretty small right now.  But it will get worse...I mean better!

I'm reading a new book: 

Have you watched "Quilt Cam" on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville? I caught a short notice about a surprise Quilt Cam last night on Facebook, and took my laptop to bed with me so I could watch it.  Sounds funny, but it  really was enjoyable!  She was doing green strip pieced blocks on an old Singer treadle machine last night....I bet it has to do with a project related to her Ireland trip next year.

I think it's time for a nap - and then I'll pack my pj's (I don't expect I'm going to be wearing anything else over the next few days!

2 comments:

  1. if you want to bring a lap top there is wifi at the cottage . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I finally got the quilt finished and wanted to thank you for the pattern. It's a wonderful quilt to sew. http://sweetwoodruffs.blogspot.com/2012/10/memorial-quilt-out-of-mens-shirts.html

    ReplyDelete