Sunday, June 2, 2013

Some Slow Sunday Stitching


I did a little bit of hand stitching today - there was a couple areas of appliqué on these two side tris: RS10 Grandma Nan's Bodice and LS6 Susie Q. 

I did do a little more handstitching on the binding on one of my sampler pillows.  This is the front and back of the same pillow:


The verse is from "A Child's Garden of Verse" by Robert Louis Stevenson (1885).  It's called Happy Thought.


I've got the front of the second pillow quilted - but I am all out of batting! Can you believe that???  Looks like a trip to the fabric store is in order before I can quilt the back of the second pillow.

And I have started one of my pre-cut quilt kits.  This one has 80 bow tie blocks.  I just used random scraps - no rhyme or reason to the fabric choices.


I'm linking to this post to



3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing your Dear Jane blocks. The triangles have me terrified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects!
    I am almost out of batting too...I buy it by the roll, so another purchase will be expensive.

    ReplyDelete