Sunday, June 9, 2013

Zakka 2.0 Sew Along

A package arrived yesterday with a copy of Patchwork, Please!  by Ayumi Takahashi, so I am all ready to hop on board the Zakka 2.0 Sew Along!


Penny at Sew Take a Hike posted the first project.  In the book, the bell peppers are shown as coasters, but Penny blew up the pattern by 180% to make a potholder, and so did I.  It was a fast and fun project.


I chose the green stripe first, and then chose the yellow and red to match the colours in the striped fabric.  Penny used a piece of Moda twill tape for her stems, I just used a strap of brown checked fabric.


I liked the red print so well, I had to use the other matching fabrics that went with it to make a second pot holder.  I like these fabrics because they look so much like kitchen linens.

I used Insul-Brite batting for the overall potholder, but used a scrap of thin cotton batting for the centre patch.


Here's the back of the potholders.  I made sure the back of the centre patch matched the backing fabric so there was no noticeable change, making the backs look a little more...I don't know...consistent?  





2 comments:

  1. These are just lovely, and you are right about how they look like kitchen linens! That's such a great interpretation of this fun project...I love it!

    ReplyDelete