Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Couple of Finishes


I finished this miniature coin quilt earlier this week, but realized I had forgotten to take a photo.  I'm quite pleased with the leaves I've machine quilted into it.
 
 
 
I finished the needle-turn applique on my Hawaiian Quilt Pillow top that I found at the thrift store this week.  I tried a different needle last night - size 10 John James Embroidery needles - and found it a much easier go than the sharp I had been using.  I quite liked needle-turn!

I think I'll start the hand quilting tomorrow!
 
 
Today, I am spending the day in my sewing room - cleaning up the dump!  It's gotten pretty bad, with so much stuff piled on top of the tops of piles, that there is danger of avalanche!

1 comment:

  1. Well done! That is hardly a beginner needle turn project!
    I predict we will be seeing more of this kind of work...

    ReplyDelete