Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thrift Store Score


I stopped into my favourite local thrift store the other day, and scored!

Hawaiian quilted pillow kit - - even included the needles and a spool of thread!  I started to complete it last night - can you believe I've never done needle turn applique before?  I've done a pretty good job so far, if I do say so myself.

1 yd. each of Timtex and Peltex Sew In Stabilizer - - intentionally mail ordered from Keepsake Quilting and Nancy's Notions for some project, I reckon.

I know ... dull.  Nothing colourful. But I think I scored great deals for my stash.  Total: $6.  

1 comment:

  1. That is a great score well don! I added to my old colored wine glass 'collection' today but I did manage to avoid adding anymore vintage pyrex to my collection LOL. I love your blog background especially the tape measure down the side :)

    ReplyDelete