Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday randomness

 I was out thrifting with Hubby yesterday, and picked up a bag full of notions. Unexpectedly, there was a sandwich baggie of fabric, which turned out to be good quality quilting cotton - one was a Kaufman. I cut everything up into 2.5", 3", and 5" scraps.
 I wanted to share this tip for hanging small quilts.  I'm sending this Hallowe'en wall hanging to Sailor Boy and future DIL to hang on their apartment door.  A wooden ruler and 3M Command hooks means no nail holes.
I'm also working away at a small project using scraps - a miniature coin quilt of CW repros.  I had to tear it apart because the coin strips were all different lengths.  So - for the first time ever - I've had to block to get them all to equal out--liberally spritzing with water and pinning against a ruler inch by inch.  Slow, but I expect the outcome to be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment