Monday, November 7, 2011

Backwards Blogging

All my photos loaded last to first, so I'm going with it.  I'm just gonna blog backwards.  Hubby and I picked up a beautiful pair of lamps for $5 each at Goodwill.  All they needed was shades.  Today I slipped over to St. Vinny's and picked up some shades at 2 for $5.  I'm really happy how they look on my bedside tables!


Occupy Guelph has moved from my front yard.  The tent city came down sometime last week, and at least part of it is now moved to Royal City Park.


Hubby and I happened to be down visiting the park to feed the ducks yesterday.  And what a gorgeous day it was -- and today was a replay!  Sunshine and mild temperatures.


Here's a Mr. and Mrs Mallard in the centre of the photo.
The gulls are im-'bird'-inating ducks.  It worked, 'cuz we fed them too.


I also did a little sewing - racked up a few more blocks for Shirt Stripes Boxes - The Sequel.  I am now out of blue striped shirts - which explains my sneaky trip to St. Vinny's on my lunch hour!  I guess this isn't a backwards blog post at all -- more of a full circle!

6 comments:

  1. Cute shirt stripe blocks. What a fun way to take advantage of the design of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to make on of those quilts. Yours is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love those blocks. I must dig in my stash and find some stripes so I can make some of these blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just gave me an idea for all those striped fat quarters I have that I didn't know what to do with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My word I NEED those lamps. A pair, seriously? I have a collection of beach glass I want to display and the clear lamp cylinders would work perfect. I saw hollow candle holders at EQ3 recently but you couldn't get inside them; blah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's my question. Do you intentionally line up all those lines when you sew them together, or does it just happen that way?

    ReplyDelete