Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hubby is a Funny Guy

That Hubby of mine is a really funny guy.  I have to share some Hubby-isms.  (I bet you have one just like him at home!)


This morning I woke up with a bizarre thought in my head.  I was remembering a TV commercial from my childhood for a toy called "Digger the Dog".  Still lying in bed, I asked Hubby: "Do you remember a commercial from a long long long time ago for a toy called Digger the Dog?"


He immediately starts singing: "Digger the Dog -- he likes to go with you -- when you explore..."



I couldn't believe my ears!  I laughed myself silly, and jumped out of bed to check youtube and see if he had it right! 


A couple of weeks ago, I guess Hubby had had quite enough of my bad attitude.  He looked at my left wrist tattoo, which says "Strength & Purpose", and suggested: "Why don't you get "Patience & Understanding" on the other wrist?"


Last night, I was merrily sewing away on crumb blocks from all the scraps from the Shirt Stripe Boxes blocks that I've been working on.

HE: Are you still working on that same quilt?
ME: Yep  (...well, technically not -- but it was too complicated to explain that I was merely using up the scraps that "that same quilt" had given birth to)
HE: You've been working on that for awhile.
ME: Yep
HE: It's taking a long time. I would have thought you were done by now!

(sigh)  That Hubby....he's always cracking me up!

3 comments:

  1. I call them series, those slow same old quilts.

    mine picked up a rotery cutter one time and ran it across his palm while asking "Is this sharp" He now knows not to touch my 'tools'

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be ANCIENT!!! I have never seen nor remember such a toy from my youth. Either that or I was raised under a rock. Admittedly, it was probably the later. Miss ya lots, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Romper room......remember when they made toys too?
    What year do you think that commercial is from?

    Happy Sewing, yeah I've got a DH just like yours....gotta love'em

    ReplyDelete