Friday, December 28, 2012

A Lot More Lazy Days

This pretty much describes my last two days.  Loving it!

I spent much of yesterday sorting through fabric - and there's a big pile of reeealy uuuhhhgly fabrics.  I don't know what the heck I'm gonna do with them!

Bonnie Hunter would say "If it's still ugly, you just didn't cut is small enough!"  I don't know Bonnie....some of this fabric is just a whole different brand of uuuhhhgly!  I'll take a photo later - - no one should have to see this before breakfast!

I got most of my yardage wrapped onto comic book cardboard.  Today, I will work on dragging out the rest of the stash and making some tough decisions.  I have a very small space to sew now - - just half a bedroom, no longer half a basement.  Since Itty Bitty has been home for the holidays, every night I have to stack all of my 'stuff' on the ironing board and sewing table, and every morning, spread it back out on his bed.

One of the biggest issues is all of the UFOs and WIPs and PIGs (project in grocery bag). While surfing around some of my favourite quilt blogs last night, I took note of a challenge Carrie at A Passion for Applique has thrown down: Nothing But UFOs in 2013.

You'll notice I put the button in my sidebar - - but it might take a couple of days for me to completely commit to NOTHING but UFOs?  


3 comments:

  1. Wait- tell me it isn't so!! If you get all your UFOs,PIGS finished like a good little girl, please tell me that you can then make something glorious and new!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. send me all your unwanted fabric and projects . . . and oh yeah . . . Mom says if you don't want the cranberry quilt you were putting together at Windswept then she wants it . . . LOL . . . problems solved.

    ReplyDelete