Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Last (at last!) of the Left-overs


Itty Bitty helped me put together a pot of turkey stew - the holidays must soon be over!

Actually, I'm planning on spending a little time at the office tomorrow getting a couple of things organized there, so I can start 2013 ahead of the game.  But I'm not actually expected to be back until Wednesday morning.  

I've had the best break!  I should have been more mindful, or perhaps intentional about the purpose of my mini-sabbatical - - but I was having too much fun!  It wasn't until last night that I realized that for the last week and a half, I have not been responsible for anyone's well-being but my own.  I've taken a holiday from caring.  I feel rejuvenated! rested! ready! I've taken care of me - - so I can take care others.

No big New Years Eve plans here.  Itty Bitty has gone back to school for a couple of days to ring in 2013 with friends (he left tonight to go to a concert).  I probably won't even see midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment