Sunday, July 4, 2010

Ah...and the Summer of Nancy continues!

It's been a wonderful summer so far -- since I declared Summer on April 29th.  And lots of good stuff still to come.

We celebrated Canada Day at my nephew's place with a potluck barbeque and one of the funniest, most fabulous fireworks show I've seen in years.  Wish I could expand on that, but I don't want to incriminate anyone!  (Advice to my nephew: next year, wear short pants so you can run faster!)


The Weather Man is calling for a week full of HOT and SUNNY weather.  Yes, people - I can even control the weather conditions in the Summer of Nancy!  Woo Hoo!!!


And in one week from now, I'll be recovering from the big Elton John concert at Copps Colliseum.  I can't wait!  My ticket was a special treat from Hubby, and I'm going with two girlfriends.


Sailor Boy is coming home for a visit at the end of the month.  I'm already making a list of little jobs I want him to help me with while he's here.  Wouldn't want him to get lazy on vacation!  On the subject of jobs around the house, our brother-in-law is here at this very minute - - I think my The 2010 Bathroom Demo/Reno from Hell will be FINISHED today!!!  EEEEEK!!!!!!!  That means I can get started on my NEXT home reno project: The Bedroom!  I think I've chosen a paint colour for the walls. 

Afraid there's been not much in the way of sewing or quilting.  I've been so busy - though I'm not sure with what!  I still haven't picked up "Lucy", even though she's been repaired and ready to go for about two weeks.  Oh well, I'll pick her up tomorrow, for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Wowsers, I can't believe you've been able to cross your legs that long...LOL

    Hoping your right on the weather... waterpark here I come next weekend. Meanwhile, I continue to M.E.L.T.

    ReplyDelete