Thursday, August 19, 2010

Oh! I forgot to show you my 'thing'

I was at a meeting last night with some fellow classmates to plan an orientation event for the 3rd year BSW students.  One of them gave me this cute little bottle carrier.



So now, of course, I need to figure out how to make one.  I'll share a tutorial as soon as I get it worked out.  It has pockets all around, and has batting withing all the layers as well as the carrying handle.  The top is elasticised.

But I thought I would post this photo first, just in case there is already a tutorial out there somewhere, that someone can link me to, in order to spare me the work of trying to create one on my own!  tee hee!

However, I would make one change for certain -- the bottle inside the carrier is 710 mL, but I would want it shortened in order to carry a 500 mL bottle.

3 comments:

  1. I saved two links to bottle carriers, neither is exactly like yours but both are very nice.

    http://pinkchalkstudio.com/blog/2006/07/10/whiplash-challenge-water-bottle-carrier/

    http://madquilter.blogspot.com/2009/01/square-base-water-bottle-carrier-tote.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.chicaandjo.com/2008/08/27/improvements-on-our-water-bottle-holder-made-from-old-jeans/

    I liked this tute. Good use of recycled jeans.
    I also saw one using a heavy terry washcloth..good insulation and also soaks the condensation from the bottle.Have fun with it. Looking forward to seeing what changes you might make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your "thing"!!!! And, as I'm re-signing up to go to the gym in September, your "thing" sure would come in handy!

    Will go visit the 2 previous posts that have been so kind as to add links on these "things"... and hope that you too, decide to write a "tut" on these "things"!

    *grin*

    Rosa Robichaud,
    in New Brunswick

    ReplyDelete