Friday, June 26, 2009

Why am I so dang TIRED!!!

I have ten more days of holidays, and I've done NOTHING. I am a slug!

I 'almost' feel like I should go out and pick up a few groceries...but that would involve putting clothes on!

I do have some news though. A very official looking certificate with a big gold seal arrived in the mail yesterday from school - - stating that I was on the Dean's Honour Roll, and notification that I qualified for a $1000 scholarship for next year. That's exciting!

Back to sewing Pick & Choose. The pieced sashing is sewn, pressed and cut, ready to be applied. The pieced border is all set to start sewing, piled next to my machine.

5 comments:

  1. Wow....a scholarship is always a good thing! I personally see no problem with slug days....occasionally I indulge in the practice....maybe we should call them "mental health days". :) Your body must be needed rest and inactivity to regenerate for your next go-round in school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the scholarship and Dean's Honor roll! I guess you didn't do as poorly on that last exam as you thought!

    I see you have whizzed by me in the Pick and Choose quilt construction. Oh well. I look forward to seeing the whole thing together. Are you going to quilt it right away? Do you have any idea how you are going to quilt it?

    And hey, a couple of days of slug-like behavior is a good thing, especially when you are as busy as you normally are. You need time to recharge. Don't feel guilty - enjoy! (I know, easier said than done - my hasband is always giving me a hard time about my inability to just sit still and relax.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!! A scholarship and recognition. I think you deserve a slug day. Enjoy it. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulatons Nancy! That is something to be very proud of. All your hard work has obviously been recognised, and a scholarship tops it off!

    Post some pictures of your pick and choose quilt when you get a chance.

    Sam xox

    ReplyDelete