Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekend Update

Yesterday was the annual "Talbot Trail of Yard Sales". This year we headed east, and here are some of my treasures. First, I bought some vintage aprons, which will be cut up for quilts. No need to get reproduction fabrics when you have the real thing!
Black & white enamelware bowl, a cross-stitched picture, a tea cup with tartan and Scottish thistles (Carol, I'll serve you tea in this one someday soon!), Ikea lamp, a small sewing basket, a McCoy bowl (matches my studio paint!) a cute plate with Scottie dog painted on it, a "Pansy" book from 1903, small table cloth (all four corners are stitched with the same scene, vintage needlebook and sewing kits...and underneath it all? Six yards of a nice neutral cotton print. This will make a nice quilt backing.
The verse on this piece of cross-stitch "The world is so full of a number of things, I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings." is from Robert Louis Stevenson.



I've been working away on the Buttons & Bows quilt top. It's coming together. Oh! and I have about four feet of binding left to stitch on Sunbonnet Sue. It still needs a label, but it will soon be complete!






4 comments:

  1. Wow! You've been busy.
    I have that lamp on my headboard to read by at night :0),,,,the bulb cost as much as the lamp.

    Love those fall colors in the buttons and bows.....how big will it be?

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again you must have been ahead of me on the yardsale trail snatching up all the treasures.

    Because of the inclement weather I think alot of them were closed up or brought the delicate goods in.

    We hadn't faired as well as we might have predicted but found a few treasures none the less.

    Speaking of thistles, the neighbours have gone to seed..."OH JOY...LOL".

    I'm sure they will be EVERYWHERE next year. Perhaps they've spread far enough to sprout up on your lawn.

    Smiles to /you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gasp! That blue apron!!! Such treasures you found!

    ReplyDelete