Monday, May 13, 2013

Fixed it!


Seems I added a 1/4" seam allowance when I didn't really need it.  Hmm.  Oh well.  I've got it basted down, and need to hand stitch it to the background.  The colours are kinda wonky in this photo.

The design comes from the second book that I bought this past weekend.


by Sherri McConnell, who you may know better from her popular blog A Quilting Life.

I also pieced this pillow top tonight, another project from this book.  I've got it spray basted together, and the edges stay stitched.  The quilting lines are marked, and I'm going to HAND QUILT!!!  Haven't done it in several years, and I'm looking forward to it!



If you haven't seen this book, tell your guild librarians to buy a copy, suggest it to your public library, and put it on your 'wish list'.  I can't say why I like it so much - I generally prefer more complicated projects - but I enjoy the photography and nostalgic feel of the designs, and got a kick out of reading about Sherri's family's quilting heritage.  There's two totes and a baby quilt that I'd like to make as well....aaaand maybe two more pillows!

All of the print fabrics came out of scrap bags that I purchased at Quilter's Nine Patch on Saturday.  Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment