Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Snuck in a Dear Jane block

I was emailing with another quilty blogger/DJ enthusiast last night, and it reminded me that if I continued to chip away at this project, I could maybe finish this thing!  Even if I just did one block a week, I would soon be assembling the blocks together.

My Dear Jane is in pink and grey Civil War repros.  I wish I had done it all pink, because I find the grey soooo boring, and I easily have 10 times the choices of pinks in my stash.

M4 - Stepping Stones

Yeah, I know.  I used two different prints.  I ran out of one.  Dammit.

Kites: TLC, TRC, BLC, BRC
TR: 5, 9, 10, 13
RS: 4, 6, 10, 11, 13
BR: 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 13
LS: 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12
E-7
F-12
G-6, 12
I-13
L-6, 10
M-3, 6, 8

WOW - JUST THIRTY SIX LEFT!!!

So holidays are half over for me.  It's freaking me out.  I love, love, love my job.  But my office-mate, who I have been shacked up with for nearly two years, is leaving us to take another job.  I went in to the office this afternoon for a staff meeting, a final presentation from Stacey (on rent control of all things!), and then a little farewell party. She had left an envelope tucked into my keyboard, and I told her I wasn't opening it until she was gone for sure.  It was a big, messy, emotional afternoon, and I'm sure reading her goodbye note would have ended up in "ugly cry".

To add insult in injustice injury, her replacement has been chosen, and is supposed to be starting on Monday, although that's still up in the air - and it's a HIM!  I know I sound like a whiny  sexist, suck.  But it's bad enough that I have to lose my Stacey,  now I have to share a tiny office with a BOY!!!!!  I can't take it!!!!

He's probably the same age as my sons...I'll have to teach him all of my old lady-isms, horrify him with my menopausal symptoms, ensure he understands that I need a regular intake of cookies (so he should just keep some in his desk at all times), and get him up to a minimum tolerance level for my frequent inappropriateness.

I have a feeling that I would have asked totally different interview questions...

1. "LOL Cats" or "Ugliest Tattoos"?
2. Define "room temperature" both qualitatively and quantitatively.
3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how weird are you?
4. How do I rate as an interviewer?
5. Will you make me a tuna sandwich?

No comments:

Post a Comment