Thursday, May 30, 2013

What's Wrong, Lucy?

My main sewing machine Lucy is acting up.  I think she's possessed.  Sometimes she just doesn't stop sewing when I lift my foot off the pedal.  This has been going on for a while, and when it first began, I just tapped the foot pedal, and it stopped.  The demon is getting angry.  Last night, if it kept stitching, and I tapped the foot pedal, it would GO CRAZY!!! And sew a zillion stitches at warp speed!  I had to switch off the power button.  This morning, I was sitting next to the machine doing some cutting, and the needle started going up and down...slowly...menacingly...

So as soon as I finish this post, I'm taking poor old Lucy in for service.  Thankfully I have a spare machine.

RS11 - Hills of Jersulem (not 'squared' up yet)

I spent a bit of time this morning going through my Dear Jane blocks, and realized I had a few more done than I indicated last night.  I now only have 32 to make, and 13 of them are pink - not so bad!  There are however 4 that I'd like to remake - but for now I'm not counting those.  I enjoyed fussy cutting and sewing this one this morning.

2 comments:

  1. I need to get going on mine too. It's 150 years since jane finished her quilt - I'd like to get mine done in 2013. This tri looks great - you are inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one adorable block! Congrats on being so close to the end--I've had the book for years and have yet to make a single block :-(

    ReplyDelete