Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Cheyenne


Yah...I'm not sure what I was thinking here.  Cheyenne is this week's Grandmother's Choice BOW.  I went with the measurements, and the centre square ended up too big.  I should have paper pieced the centre Square-in-square.  Also, the examples on the website had a lot more fabrics in it.  I played it safe, and spent more time thinking about the red fabric all going in the same direction.  So the side rectangles were supposed to be two squares, and I wimped out!  But it's finished, and I'm learning important quilting lessons along the way.

So, if you are doing this BOW too, get some tracing paper and draft out the centre block for accuracy.

2 comments:

  1. This block looks great, no matter the size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very new to the idea of quilting as a hobby of mine--I keep seeing blocks and thinking OW!! cute which is what I said when I saw this!

    ReplyDelete