Saturday, January 19, 2013

Decision


Oh Gibson! I really don't think he cares if he's in the way or not.  He's actually sitting on a bunch of strips I've already cut.  I've tried to explain to him that they are not eggs, and he is definitely NOT a chicken! He's waiting for me to go to bed so he can spread them around the apartment again.

So I did decide to go with the LeMoyne Star block, instead of this week's posted Grandmother's Choice BOW.  Pretty nifty!



I've been working on assembling Sylvia's Bridal Sampler this afternoon.  It's beginning to take shape. I'll be setting these blocks on point.  I don't think I've ever set a quilt top this way before!  I'll have to figure out how to calculate the sizes for the side and corner triangles - there's gotta be a website somewhere that will do that for me.



4 comments:

  1. On point setting triangles are covered by Bonnie Hunter at http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/on-point-quilts.html

    Hope that helps you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy, I have an orange one that likes to throw my fabric around too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats are clever at sitting just where we don't want them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure about a website, but check out "Better Homes and Gardens Complete Guide to Quilting" for your side and corner triangles. Section 5-22/23 in the 2002 edition is what you need. If you can't find it, email me and I'll take a picture of my book and send it to you.

    Never mind, here's the math: Side setting triangles - multiply finished block size by 1.414 and add 1.25" for SA

    Corner setting triangles - divide finished block size by 1.414 and add .875" for SA

    Good luck with your quilt!

    ReplyDelete