Saturday, January 26, 2013

Jack's Delight


This week's Grandmother Choice BOW is Jack's Delight.  I finished a smidge small, so if you are making these blocks, I'd cut the side triangles and corner triangles a bit oversize.  (the black on white print in my example).  Another thing I did, was to leave the the black and red squares uncut, then stitched all four sides, and THEN cut them corner to corner.  The instructions call for bias edges happening on the HSTs, and I didn't want to give them too much handling. I squared those HSTs down to 2 3/8"

2 comments:

  1. Interesting block -- looks complicated but it's actually made up of fairly simple pieces. That said, I'm not in a hurry to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these fabrics you're using, and the toile fussy cut is outstanding. Your piecing looks spot on.

    ReplyDelete